September 11th – September 18th 2016
Took a trip to Japan with my parents, sisters, bro-in-law, nephew after our visit to Malaysia. It’s not often I get to travel abroad with my entire family and I had such a blast with them.
I don’t think Japan is a stranger to anyone. We all know visitors go there for the food, culture, history, and to see “weird” stuff. No, I did not see any panty vending machines but I saw more drink vending machines on a single street in Shinjuku than I did my entire year in USA. I loved Japan and would like to go back another day.
Several highlights of my trip:
- Cramming into a tiny sushi restaurant in Tsukiji and enjoying fresh sushi
- Eating “tsukemen” (dipping ramen) on “ramen street”
- Seeing many ppl on the streets all done up and wearing kimonos
- Walking around on the “food floors” of malls
- Seeing a Maricar procession at night
- Eating “unadon“
- Walking the streets of Tokyo